Followers

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

travel

Here  a page for #halfanhourofart, a facebook group that challenges you to make a project in an half an hour, it's about being creative and not about making a masterpiece, an half an hour is not that much time so it should be easy to squeeze in our busy daily schedual and have some crative fun. Helps balancing the stress :-)

Anyway here is the AJ page I  made, remember it's all done quickly and without much thinking, just went where the paints took me :-)



I started by glueing down some decou page paper that had a world globe on it, I used Decou Page matte for that, and that's where the travel theme cam from. I know you can't see it very well now, it got far in the background in the process, but IRL it's still a bit visable, you can see the texture it makes anyway :-)


Next was a layer of Media fluid acrylics in Cobalt Teal Hue and Hansa Yellow Medium. I used a babywipe to get the paint on the page and mix it into the green.

Next I used the Radiant Rays stencil wi th Lemon Zests Americana Satin acrylic to get a back ground for the city sillhouet (also a stencil and Americana Lamp Black acrylic paint).

Next I used black gesso to make the edges darker and make the vocal point stand out. For the words I used an Andy Skinner stencil and black gesso, the harlequins are a stencil made of a Tim Holtz Thinlets die.

I went around the edge of the words using a white inktense pencil and used some orange inktense pencil on the yellow rays.

I like how it turned out, it looks a bit gloomy and I like that :-)




Deco Art Products used:
Media Fluid Acrylics in Cobalt red hue and Hansa yellow Medium
Deco Art Media Black Gesso, Americana Decou Page matte, Americana Multi Surface Satin Acrylic in Lemon Zest. Americana Lamp black. Stencils: Ameriana Radical Rays and Industrial Elements by Andy Skinner.


I will enter the following challenge

http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.nl/2016/12/decembers-challenge.html

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2016/12/hls-december-mixed-media-challenge.html

5 comments:

  1. Wow...such bright and bold colours, I love how it just pops out at you..love the travel theme too.
    Thank you for joining us this month at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love this so very much! The color is gorgeous and the design is flawless. What a perfect spread. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so loving the colours here - gorgeous hun. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great this page. I love the green color.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is STUNNING! Love your choice of colors and scene. Thank you for playing along with HLS December Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete