Followers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 days of halloween day 1

Yay!!!!, my favourite time of year, yes even better than Christmas LOL. The 31 days of Halloween (for details click linkie)  organized by Smeared and Smudged starts today.

Welcome to day 1 of the craziest bloghop I have ever seen (also the best one),  this is my 3rd year so I know how it works..........make project, post on time, hop and next day start over again. (O the blogroll is in my side bar and it's huge )

And I am also a Cryptkeeper in the countdown to Halloween, see the list of the other 192 participants here

This year I am prepared and have some projects ready and waiting, plan was to Art Journal my way through, but also wanted to do some stamping so I've got 2 projects for you today (no that's not standard for all days LOL)
Here my AJ page using a Rick St. Dennis digi called Autumn Nap , the background is a gelli print and the paints used are  Deco Art Americana acrylics in Red, Orange and Burnt Sienna. The letter are painted using  Deco Art Glamour Dust glitter paint , black Ice. The leaves are a foam stamp, stamped with Dazzling Metallics in glorious gold.
The bats are from a Deco Art stencil called "spooky".





and cause this mouse might be a bit too cute for some of you I thought to add another, a bit more spooky project.
 
As a bonus project I made a tag. I always handcut my tags that way I can make them as big as I need. I wanted to use Vanna Vampire, a RSD image in rubber, available at I Brake for Stamps and for us  Dutchies also available at Koffie Kaartje (contact shop to order, they are not visible in shop yet).
 
 Anyway I cut some black card to the size I wanted and embossed it using a cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I used Deco Art Metallic Lustres to create the matal look.  The colours used are black shimmer and silver spark. It's real easy to work with and the result is sooo awesome. First ad the black shimmer, I used a make up sponge for that, and carefully add the silver spark to the raised parts. Super easy....


 
 
O that's it for today, have fun hopping and leave some love along the way, see you tomorrow and remember the blogroll is in the sidebar
 


27 comments:

  1. Hiya this image is going on my wishlist straight away! I love your colouring and how you've done the text and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your projects are wonderful, I am really digging the backgrounds on both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little page. LOVE the background and adorable image and your tag ROCKS! Gorgeous embossed background. You're spoiling us with 2, Mo. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more the better and love what you created for today's kick off. Sweet little mouse and a wonderful vamp. Beautiful colors on both and a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects!! LOVE the bat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creepy goodness all over and Mr Bat is especially cute!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both! Love the tag - need to get me some of those lustres! Looks fab! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the backgrounds, so rich and dimensional - very interesting.
    best wishes, serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects-have a fun hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two freaky fab creations Mo! I LOVE them! Your journal page is super cute and I mean that in a good way, bwahahaha! The background on your tag is divine and your RSD image beautifully coloured as always! Happy Day 1 of our scariffic hop :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MO,
    I just love your art work, so colorful on the top one, and so touchable on the second one! They are both just wonderful! So glad your in the 31 days hop so I can see all of your creations :)
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on both projects! Love mouse/bat;).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my so great! Both are fantastic and again you people that are into the digi stamps amaze me with what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME projects... that little bat is SOOOOO CUTE! Love all the details and layering of products!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. TWO awesome projects Monique! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous projects. Love autumn nap

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two wonderful projects. Monique! That shimmery embossed tag is neato! I think you're going to blow us away again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. One adorable page and one scary vampire tag, perfect! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  19. 2 really fantastic pieces :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have created two wonderful pieces. I love the mouse bat on the first one. He is so cute. The tag has some fantastic coloring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the two of these...that mousey is cute and of course the vampy is spooky cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for this chance at prizes.
    LOVE the journal project. Cute is my way to go I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute journal page, love that little mouse. That tag is fabulous!! I have to get some of that metallic luster stuff, I love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. how awesome are these!?! I love the lil mouse! and that vamp is to die for! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Journal page and your tag is awesome! The vampire is looks great on the faux metal background

    ReplyDelete