Followers

Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Reaper.....(again)

Digi used : the Reaper by Rick St.dennis
Deco Art Products used: Deco Art Media Shimmer Misters inTurquoise and Violet, Deco Art Americana acrylic paint in Snow White and Lamp Black.
Americana Decou Page Napkin

For Rick St.dennis Craft Team we got an assignement , saying make a project that exemplifies you as a crafter,,,,'''

I did not have to think about that very long (I did google exemplifies first lol) ,,, I just had to use my old frined the Reaper, I just love that image soooo much. It has everything I like in a digi. It;s scary , and still it makes you want to color him and get make him look like he is moving and his cloak is moving in the wind. Ofcourse Rick St.dennis did the most work to get that working in drawing all those great folds and add a bit of the shades in allready .


The challenge was using my new Twinmarkers, they are a cheap brand alcohol marker and I only have a few colors so in the end I had to use some pencil too to get a better effect.


So here it is my art journal page

 The reaper digi can be found here

First I used both misters to get the base color on the background, it has great shimmer but you can't see it on the scan, in the picture you can see the colors much better but the shimmer is hard to get in a photo. Next I used a stencil and black paint.
The imagae was cut out and glued to the background using Decou Page napkin, that  is a product specially made for glueind thin paper and it works great, no wrinkles and it makes the image become one with the background, Also it has no horrible glue smell so that is a big plus :-)

The Reaper  is also in a coloringbook here
and on a T shirt here

to see more of Rick's Craft team 's work chekc out the facebook group here 

I will enter the folowing challenge
http://dreamindarkness.blogspot.nl/2017/01/january-1.html

2 comments:

  1. You're certainly an expert at colouring the ghost. Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous coloring on the image, amazing ... love the combination of warm colored image and the cold background. Thank you for playing with us at Dream in Darkness, hope to see you again this month.

    ReplyDelete