Followers

Monday, January 13, 2014

Fresh Blood, HDH challenge

I've got some exciting news, I am a DT Minion at Haunted Design House, how cool it that?? (well actually it's very cold in the Dungeon, cold and dark...and scary). Today the challenges start again and the first theme is "Fresh Blood" I made a shadow box, containing a bottle of fresh blood ofcourse, a lot of pics, hope you like








DecoArt products used:
Americana Acrylics: tomato red, antique teal, traditional burnt umber
Elegant finishes: medieval gold, emperors gold, reinansanse brown
Metallic Lustres : iced esspresso and champaigne ice




I started out with this

 a wooden book box
 with bows on the outside LOL and a plastic toy mask (lucky to have a son with a love for scary toys, now too old to play with them , now I get to play with it)  And a lock that came from a tea box.
and turned it into this

 Lots of layers of paint and metallic lustres to get the mask to look like this, added some bling in the eyes, just for fun
 made the sides of the book look like it really has pages, using gesso and paints
 the back of the book, tried to give it an aged look using Weathered wood crackle mediium and different layers of Americana Acrylic paint
 the spine of the book is coverd with paper, the leatherlook was allready there, I just aged it using ink and metallic Lustres
 the inside cover, stamped and aged using distress inks, that blood could be real though, you never know.......

the inside, the box is painted gold, using Elegaant finish metallic paint in different colors gold.
the skullies and hands are clear stamps, I used archival jet balck ink to stamp them on the painted wood. The bell jar is a Tim holtz die, the bottle was a small vinager bottle. the blood is left over blood from my daughters Halloween party :-) (handy to have kids with supplies). Added some roses (tim holtz die) and a vampire teeth charm


here some more pics




Hope you like my first project, now get over to the Haunted Design House blog for more inspiration by the other talented minions. I can't wait to see your entries in the Fresh Blood challenge


I will enter the following challenges

http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.nl/2014/01/new-challenge-charming.html

http://fantasystampers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/our-first-challenge-ever.html the transilvano is my fav stamp

http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.nl/2014/01/challenge-22-new-beginnings-with.html  my new beginning is a new dt :-)

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/challenge-anything-goes-2/

15 comments:

  1. Very cool and congrats on the dt spot!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so very cool. And great find (At your home) on the scary kids toy mask! I think that's the best part!! I see how you did this but I know I could not ever be able to do it. Your box it totally awesome! I want to play in the new challenge. but it wont be as fabulous as yours but I am okay w/ that! He he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Monique this is FABulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is amazing. thanks for sharing with us at That Craft Place x Stacey S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing creative project, Monique - definitely altered art with a capital 'A'. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. Good luck and hope to see more of your creations next time.

    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing....love it!! So many cool details and great textures. Love the mask on the front.
    Congrats on the DT spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the dungeon, brilliant project, i love the finish on the demon face and the layout of the inside x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remarkable! You are so talented! Love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic so creative love it thanks for joining us at Left of Centre

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news on the DT position. You are one incredibly talented lady. Everything you create is super classy. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing project, it frightened me! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally amazing, Mo! Love seeing the different steps of transformation. Setting bar kinda high for a newbie, though. LOL Welcome to the dungeon! Guess we're gonna have to keep you. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I was totally amazed when I saw how this project started and how it ended! You turned the ordinary into something extraordinary for sure! I loved how you used the bell jar die in regards to making the top look like glass. Clever, clever and the whole thing has such a fantastic energetic vibe. I also really enjoyed your write-up and smiled at the bonus of having kids with supplies (leftover Halloween blood). You did a remarkable job on this and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog. This definitely nailed the "anything goes" theme!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous project Monique! I love the work that you've put into this and your 'how to' guide! I really appreciate the details and information. I love the finished result and thank you so much for joining us at LOC this fortnight! Best wishes on your new DT post too! mo dt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is truly appreciated round the clock and the globe. It is incredibly a comprehensive and helpful blog. Mittelstands Assekuranz

    ReplyDelete